JAVA Developer (Full Time Position, Hong Kong)
We are hiring JAVA Developer to join our Hong Kong team. Our Engineering Teams focus on designing, developing and maintaining the global infrastructure, architecture, features of our core solutions. These engineers work across a variety of problem domains and software stacks to create leverage in our business lines.
Your day to day ?
Inside an Agile team using Scrum, DevOps in en international environment, you will contribue to the steps of development of our solutions (from specification to implementation to the client side).
You will have the missions to :
• Design and Development of our solutions and their technical evolutions,
• Participation to specifications’s phases,
• Bring your technical expertise to propose, simplify, and challenge the solutions,
• Approval of the quality through automatic tests (units and integration test),
• Writing of the documentation,
• Cooperation with other teams (France, Thailand, Canada) to promote best practices.
Your technical environment?
• An application with multi-processes of several millions of lignes in Java SE 8 for the core of our software,
• An user interface in Swing using the libraries of JIDE Soft,
• Specific bricks in Scala through an integrated platform in our software for specific developments,
• Along of some parts of our product, you may interact with other technologies as React, Kafka, Stack ELK, JMS, REST, Protobuf, … or languages as C, C++,
• You will use most of the SGBD of the market (PostreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, Mongo, …), depending of the choice of our clients,
• Tens of thousands of units’ tests (JUnit / Mockito) and integrations (Cucumber, customized API) launched at every push on our continuous integration servers,
• From your machine under Windows 10 or Ubuntu, you will duplicate our projects from Gitlab, and your IDE (IntelliJ, Eclipse) will configure these Gradle projects in order to let you focus on others things and push your Merge Requests,
• An open communication with your team and all the company through Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Outlook, Stream, …).
The benefits of the role :
• Work in a challenging technical and functional environment ( algorithmic trading platforms, low latency, multi-threading, Real-time systems …)
• Integrate a team of highly-skilled and talented developer and have the opportunity to work on a variety of subjects ( IA, Machine learning, …)
• A real human team spirit in an international environment,
• Remote friendly and flexible : 1 week of 5 days =one fixed day at office + 2 days a week on remote + 2 days at office on flexible dates,
• A dedicated and tailored onboarding program
• 20 annual leave
• Office in Central
• Housing allowance deduction & participation to medical plan (dental included)
• Well-being & Green oriented company ( social climate survey, green initiatives, 360 assessment, no dress code…)
You are ?
• Graduated B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in coding ( including internships)
• Skilled in programming of Java (Java SE 8) and in associated tools and frameworks (Eclipse/IDEA IntelliJ, JUnit, log4j, Mockito …),
• Curious, autonomous, problem-solving and team spirit-oriented
• Speak fluently English and Cantonese is a must , and ideally Mandarin.
• Knowledge in Git, Gradle, Scala, Docker, SQL, multi-threading (JAVA concurrency) and Jenkins are a plus
Join the Horizon Software’s adventure ! We are looking forward meeting you
The Recruitment process ?
1. A first catch up with HR by phone or visio Teams),
2. A JAVA quizz and an exercice to prepare before the technical meeting,
3. Technical meeting with one of our Senior Developers to discuss about the tests : debrief, feedback about the results/methodology/clear code …, discuss about obstacles to perform the test – Every candidate performing has a technical meeting no matter the results of the technical exercises.
4. A last potential meeting with one of our Managers.
Horizon is an equal opportunity employer. We promote diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion.